Friday, April 30, 2010

Last weekend!

So we had a wonderful weekend this past weekend. It started out on Saturday morning, we all got up early and headed down to the fishing hole. Each year at opening day the Poggie club (a club with a bunch of guys who like to fish) host a Kids day at the park where they have about 7000 trout plus a few “big ones” that are the prize fish in a hatchery-like place and the kids can catch the fish and take them home. Josh and Rachelle came with Taelor and Anthony. We arrived a little bit early, got our poles and found our “spot”. Once we got settled and got the worms on the hook, it was announced “let the fishing begin!” and our poles hit the water. Jeremy helped Hannah get her hook in the water and she thought it was pretty neat for a few seconds. We soon realized that a bobber would be handy to have so I headed over to the booth to grab one. By the time I got back (maybe 5 mintes) Hannah had caught her fish! I was a little bummed that Jeremy didn’t wait for me to take a pic and had already had it ½ gutted. Gross! Hannah did think it was quite fascinating though. They tried a little more but Hannah had quickly lost interest so we moseyed on down to check on Taelor and Anthony’s progress. Anthony had also caught one and was working on his second. When Taelor said I GOT ONE! Turns out she had one of the BIG ones on her line! Jeremy was trying to help get it out of the water while Josh was looking for a net to pull it up with, when…it got away. Snapped the line! Awww that’s alright Taelor, you can always say you had the big one that got away! Anthony ended up catching a total of 3 before Hannah was ready to go, so we soon headed back home.








Once we were home, I invited Taelor to come over and play for the afternoon before Jeremy and I headed to the Youth Group Bowling and Pizza party. When Taelor arrived, I had the girls help me get some flower starts in the flowerbeds. Then we took Taelor home and my mom watched Natalie and Hannah for a few hours while Jeremy and I went to the Bowling Alley and then later to Godfather’s for pizza. I haven’t been bowling in YEARS and my score proved it! Then it was off for Pizza yum!! It was such a blessed day with family and loved ones!


Sunday turned out beautiful also starting with a wonderful message from Pastor Kevin on the book of Job. I know so many have been encouraged so far with the study of this book. I look forward to studying more in Job. During service I received a text message from Jeremy’s sister saying that they were at the hospital about to have their baby!! I could not wait for details!



After church, the lovely Treva came with me and we headed over to Miss Laura’s house for a snack and fellowship before heading downtown to Brooke’s baptism and picnic! It was sooo nice out! Some of the kids were playing down on the beach and did this at the bottom of the steps. I could not wait to see Brookes face when she made her way down to the water to see that! Praise God for the little children! Afterwards I talked to Brooke about it and she was so touched by it it brought a little weepy tear to my eye and filled my heart with joy! Hannah had some fun playing in the spinny park and we had a little food, but by then it was waaaayyy past naptime for her so we headed on home for the night.


This was pretty awesome for the kids to have done.




On my way home I decided to give Jerm’s mom a call to see what the status was with Jennifer and she was about to push!




So I waited patiently and then finally received word from Rachelle (who was at the hospital) that the baby had arrived! Jenn and her boyfriend Matthew had not revealed the baby’s name to anyone yet so I was super excited to hear the name! Cedar Spirit Cladoosby was born! Yep, Cedar Spirit Cladoosby, say that 5 times fast! It’s a little different (ok a lot different) but, I’m sure it will grow on us =o) He was born at 7 pounds 6 ounces and is cute as a bug. So all in all a weekend full of fishing, flowers, (which by the way when I got home Sunday a stinkin’ chicken got in my new flower bed and scratched up my seeds and newly planted plants and bulbs the little demon!) bowling, pizza, church, baptism and a brand new addition to the family! Oh and we got our computer back from the shop! Life is good!

No comments: