We had a hen that was a loner. She started brooding a few months ago and we chased her hidden nests all over the yard until finally we just let her be. She found herself a nice safe hidden place in the carport/shed and laid some eggs. She sat and sat and sat. I didnt dare to see what was under her because she is a mean protective momma and has razor sharp teeth..errr beak.
Well on Monday I could no longer curb my curiosity, and I managed to gain a big old batch of courage and a big stick and poked and lifted up that sitting momma.
This is what I found:
Aren't they the cutest little chickies you ever did see?!!

Aren't they the cutest little chickies you ever did see?!!
So far we just have the 3. There are about 11 more eggs under her that she was sitting on, but she cleaned house and kicked out 3 eggs yesterday and I got rid of them. I'm so excited for these little balls of cuteness! I have no idea what we will do with them but she is a good little momma and I look forward to watching God work in his wonderful way everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment