Wednesday, February 11, 2009

well there went that idea

Ok, so I didnt make an entry everyday. We knew that was going to happen didn't we? =o)



Anyways, its been a bit of a stressful week already and its only Wednesday. At least Wednesday is almost over. This week is the last week for 2 coworkers that are getting laid off. Thursday is one girl that I work closely with's last day and Friday for another co worker in a different office. The boss lady had originally planned on going over today to pack up coworker #2's office and job duties and move them to our location, but thankfully, through the grapevine it was discovered that he was actually (and understandibly) upset by this idea. It was insensitve to do, but the boss is a planner and likes to have everything lined up and go as smoothly as possible. But we decided that we will pack up on Tuesday after he is gone. So to umm celebrate, or I guess honor would be a better term, we are going to have a potluck tomorrow for them. Its so weird and touchy. Not wanting it to be a celebration, but at the same time not wanting to ignore the fact that this is the last week these two will be employed, it is very hard and emotional at work.



At home really hasnt been much better. Yesterday the Hub and I got into a small argument of sorts. First thing in the morning he had said some things that I took a little to close to heart and felt like I was a LOSER! and that everyhting I did was wrong. I often feel that way, though I don't always express it to him. On the times that I do actually say something about it, as I did this morning, it became a huge ordeal that I almost wished I would have just not said antyhing at all and not gone through the argument. Of course I knwo that he didnt mean to make me feel lowly or crappy, so that is why it is a good thing to point things out to him when he makes me feel bad. But being the man that he is, always wants to fix things and he doesn't understand what he does or says that upsets me and to him I do not make it clear enough. Not sure how to fix that. It always becomes a circular argument and comes down to me saying "OK, sorry" and it doesn't end and we go round and round again until finally he says what he needs to say and its done. One of these times we will have to find a way to help us have a constructive way of handling these situations when they come up. But all is well and we kissed and made up.



Choco our oldest dog is having some major health issues and right now is having difficulties walking. We may have to put him down soon as we cannot afford to spend all sorts of money to take him to the vet. He is 8

No comments: