Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 3

Today was a good day. I got a little accomplished at work today. We have some very big changes coming soon and they are not pretty. With the economy in the tank, sales tax revenues down, the budget is short. I was glad that some coworkers filled me in on the feelings of another fellow worker that is getting laid off very soon and when I mentioned it to the boss lady today, she was sympathetic and we changed our plan of action to move him out of his workspace a few days early. My heart goes out to the thousands that have lost their jobs lately all over the country. We are in dire straights and the worst is yet to come and most don't even know it or care.

I got off work, came home and actually met my husband in the drive way. He picked up the kiddo and I went to the store to get some items for dinner. I cooked dinner, cleaned up, bathed the kiddo and put them both to bed. Jer fears he may be getting sick. I hope he doesn't get sick, and even more, selfishly, I hope he doesn't get the kiddo or me sick.

I'm off to read a few chapters of my book, book 2 in the Left Behind series.

Until next time,

~M

No comments: