Friday, June 18, 2010

Adventures in Men's Retreat 2010

Well our adventures in Men's retreat started well before we got to Fort Flagler for me at least.  For a few weeks before the retreat the planning for me had begun.  I was so blessed last year by coordinating and cooking that I was excited and nervous to do it all over again this year.  3 years ago I went up to help Debbie H. and it was so much fun, that the next year she said that I would lead it up on my own the following year, so I did and it was a complete success and so this led me to do it again this year.  But first off I have to thank the Lord for his grace and mercy and for I could not have done ANY of this without Him!!  Second, I will thank my fantastic helpers!!  This year, we had a great team!  We had Jeannie, Laura, Julia, Hannah, Tessa and Evie! 
I didn't get any pics of Friday night when we got there, for dinner that night we had baked chicken breast, breaded with Parmesan cheese, super creamy Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.  For dessert we had triple berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream!  YUM!!
The next morning we all got up bright and early and got started with coffee, (priorities you know) and then we made whole wheat pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Evie requested a Mickey Mouse pancake... so I obliged.

z 

z

Here is Julia lookin' all cute and excited to be awake!
Ice water anyone?


Some may have said I was like Chef Ramsey. If you have any knowledge of who Chef Ramsey is you will know that he is not very eloquent with nice words and people tend to get a little angry with him. However I am NOT Chef Ramsey, even if I get a little bossy some times.
f
What? U disagreein' wit the chef?
f

Here is Jeannie putting me in check.
Then Laura had to take a turn... A frying pan? Did I really deserve a frying pan? I guess its better than a rolling pin! =o)
Julia is my body guard. =o) No one messes with the Julia.
 



 

Jeannie the grill master extraordinaire!  ...except the grill wasn't heating right so we had to run the rest of the food inside to cook on the griddle.  No complaints from the guys however, but man that grill was a pain to clean!!
.
.
No body messes with Hannah. 






Laura REALLY likes cucumbers!
And Julia likes gummy worms!


Maranda likes Laura
And God is a great Artist
This was Sunday morning when we were getting ready for breakfast.  We counted 7 or 8 deer right up next to the guys beraks. 


Back to Breakfast, is it done?mmmm


After we all got home after church, unloading my van and the trailer, picked up the girls and headed home.  Jeremy and Nat decided to take a well needed snooze.
 

The end.

2 comments:

Crafted Ashes said...

Awesome... Wish I could have been there but, someone just had to graduate.
I hear you all did a great job and since it was ya' all, it is not hard to believe...

Katie Ashcraft said...

loved all the pictures... um, if I'm able to go next year (don't know what my schedule will look like yet) do I have to wear an apron? lol, it's not like I have a phobia... just never liked to wear aprons... you can't make me LOL, great post. Now J3 said you got a picture of him wearing a "cat in the hat" hat at the parade... can't wait to see that!