Thursday, January 7, 2010

A little over a week now Update

Well, here we are a little over a week after the arrival of little Natalie May and things are going fairly well! We are adjusting to life with 2 little girls and having a newborn in the house again. My biggest fear before Natalie arrived was how Hannah would deal with having to share her Mommy and Daddy. For those who know Hannah, sharing is not her strong point. However, she has been doing amazingly well adjusting to Baby Sissy in her house. She LOVES her Baby Sissy! So much even it's hard for Mommy and Daddy to get kisses out of her because they all go to Natalie!! Its pretty stinkin' cute! Really, the thing I worry most about is that she loves her a little too much. The hard part is that I can't leave the room with the two of them together, so I have to bring one with me when I leave the room or put Natalie in her play pen so she is out of reach of Hannah while I run to the restroom or something. Or I have Hannah tag along with me when I'm in the kitchen or whatever.

The biggest challenge has by far been breastfeeding. (Fair warning to any boys that don't want to read any dirty details.)

I remember with Hannah it was a struggle that she wouldn't latch on at all for the 1st few days, this time Natalie is latching, only she is not getting a enough of a latch and it has been extremely painful. It is getting better since things have begun to heal and I have some relief. I use a pump at times and that has helped a lot but it's still hard. Its nice to be able to give her a bottle, but I still have to deal with pumping and warming bottles (which is really annoying in the middle of the night and when we are on the go.) Also, she is really lazy when she does nurse. She has gotten better with latching but she doesn't stay awake or just wants to use me as a pacifier and isnt actually eating so she will be there forever it seems and then when she pulls off she is still hungry so I end up giving her a bottle. Uuughhh! There have been moments where I really want to give up and just formula feed, but I know that this is what is best for Natalie and that is what keeps me going.

I am also getting used to being a stay at home mom. I am a horrible housekeeper. I really wish I could get better and I'm sure I will but I really don't like cleaning and household chores. But it is very rewarding when I do get things done. I know that it is a blessing to my husband and family when things are clean and tidy and all that jazz, so I am trying to keep at it and be a better wife and mother for my family. After I go back to work I will be working part time and only work 3 days a week. I'm used to working 4 days a week since I worked 4x10's before I had Natalie, but I know that 3x8's will be a big difference. I'm not certain what my schedule will be just yet, but having more time at home with my family is going to be awesome for all of us.

This morning Jeremy worked a bit on our monthly budget, preparing for my income to go down when I return to work and also to finally after all of these years become DEBT FREE!! For Christmas, Jeremy's parents have given all of the kids (Jeremy, Josh & Jennifer) the gift of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. Its a 13 week class that we will start in March. I have been listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio for months now, and also read his book Total Money Makeover and it has been such an eye opener. He is a simple, no nonsense financial guy that uses biblical principles to help people achieve financial peace. Really, Dave rocks and I'm excited to attend FPU and most of all become debt free.

So I'm sure you really wanted to see pictures, but I haven't taken them off my camera just yet so I leave you in suspense! neener neener!
Love y'all!


Oh yeah P.S. Natalie's umbillical cord fell off today. I found it on the changing table this morning. Ew. OK I know if I were Katie, she totally would have taken a picture and blogged it =o) I just can't do it. LOL Love you Katie!



2 comments:

Crafted Ashes said...

HA...HA...HA... R U kidding it would be sealed in an airtight container and put on display.

Just kidding, I think/hope...

Awsome that she is doing well.

J3

Katie Ashcraft said...

wow- cool- you called me out in your blog! I know I take pictures of everything (by the way did you see the awesome sunrise in my blog this morning??) but I do have a gross out factor... not that sweet baby Natalie's umbillical cord isn't picture worthy... well... I don't think I would have taken a pic of that- I know I didn't keep them... haha, great blog love the details of a new babies life- but next time there's gotta be pics- I'm sure she's changing by the day... love ya, Katie