On Sunday Dec 27, one day before my due date Baby Natalie May arrived at 12:50pm weighing in at 8 pounds even and 20 inches long (same exact weight as big sissy was and only 1/2 inch shorter)
After a long day of shopping at Cabella's and Babies R Us...and a bowl of mom's ham and beans, I woke up around 1:00am with contractions about 9 minutes apart that quickly within an hour or so jumped to about 2 minutes apart and very painful. We got up and out of the house with Hannah by about 3:30 to drop her off at Josh & Rachelle's and were off to the hospital.
I got checked in at about 4:30 and had to be monitored for an hour before they could admit me but I was dilated at about 2-3cm, at 5:30 I was admitted and told I was dilated 3-4 cm. I asked when I could get the epidural as I was hurting pretty bad and was vomiting from the pain (only time I ever threw up during my entire pregnancy) I was told within the hour I could get one as the doc was giving another one at the moment, when he was done he came in to do mine. It ended up not working on one side and he re-did it and then I was MUCH happier. Was able to relax for the most part. By late morning I was fully effaced and dilated to 9 and started pushing at 12:20pm, Natalie May was born at 12:50pm!
Much better delivery than with my 1st (2 hrs of pushing and a 3rd degree tear) I have one small stitch from a minor tear and recovery is MUCH better than last time as well.
Breastfeeding has been a bit easier this time as well, except I don't remember it being quite as painful, but we are working on proper latch and today was much better than yesterday. So we are praising God for our wonderful happy healthy growing little family!!Just a few pics for your viewing pleasure!


Gotta go, Natalie is calling. =o)
2 comments:
yay!!! I kept checking your blog to see pictures of Natalie, what an adorable name!!! I can't wait to see her!!!! ya know, some of my most favorite picture is of Jade 22 months old holding new born Kent just like Hannah is holding Natalie, your first baby holding your new baby, what a miracle!!! God is so good, and we're so thankful everything went smoothly for you, except having to wait longer for that epideral! Praise God, and God bless your wonderful family! Love ya, Katie and the rest of the family!!!
Look at that little peanut... You'll be there tomorrow, right... right?!?
Cute pic of Hannah Kay and Natalie May.
Awesome,
J3
Post a Comment