Sunday, November 1, 2009

A big girl today!! And a baby update

So after months of working on Hannah's new big girl room she is finally sleeping in her own big girl room, in her big girl bed!! I currently cannot find my camera to post pics but I will as soon as I find it.

We moved Hannah from her nursery room into the spare bedroom across the hall from our room. We converted her crib into a toddler bed that she can get in and out of all by herself. eeeek!!

I dropped her off today at my moms house to allow Jeremy and I to put the final touches on her room and get Hannah a nap while we tore up the place. Jeremy was delayed after church so I went home and started working away. I was painting the final bit of trim when I got a call from my mom saying that her heart was pounding like crazy! Well I guess that she ran up her stairs to set up Hannah's playpen for her nap when Hannah followed her up the stairs, she reached the top and looked up at Grandma. The sun glared in her eyes and backwards she went! She somersaulted all the way down to the bottom. My mom said she cried for a minute and then wanted to look at the pictures on the wall at the bottom of the stairs and was acting just fine!! PRAISE GOD!!
I told her not to lay her down for her nap just then but to wait and make sure she was still acting ok after an hour or two. She was just fine and later on took a good nap and was happily playing once I came to pick her up.

We got home and ate some dinner and then checked out her new room!! She immediately jumped onto the bed and said "night night!" She saw that she had her regular baby, cow, and lovey in their proper place, and then she noticed a whole bin full of babies and stuffed animals and decided that they needed to go night night too! So we played for a little while and I put all of her clothes away in her new big girl dresser. After we put the final touches we went back down stairs for some milk and a little TV. Then she told me she was ready to go to bed so off we went.

We stuck with her regular routine of reading a few books and then she climbed up into her bed. A round of kisses and hugs and lights out! I went down stairs and listened on the baby monitor for just a few minutes and I heard her talking. So I went to peek on her and she was still in her bed...although there were a few more "friends" in bed with her. Its now been about 30 minutes and I haven't heard a peep out of her! I'm so glad this has gone well tonight!! Lets see if we can keep it up!

So enough about Hannah, some want to know how I am doing and how this baby growing is going. We are down to less than 60 days until my official due date of December 28th. Its coming so quickly, but then again I wish it would just hurry up already!! This pregnancy now seems to be dragging on. I think when I was pregnant with Hannah the fear of the unknown and the huge life change that was going to happen allowed me to have a little more patience than this time around. This time I know what to expect and am just ready to get the show on the road.

As for this pregnancy, it has been fairly easy and uncomplicated. A few months ago I was having some pretty major back pain, but thankfully the Lord has delivered that from me and I have been feeling great. I am in my 8th month now and my belly is starting to get a lot bigger!! When I lay on my side now I can feel how heavy it is. This little one is a feisty one too. She does not like to be squished! If I lay on my tummy even a little bit she starts pushing and kicking like crazy! Even when I sit at my desk at work my desk is starting to push on my belly a bit and she starts kicking away on it. This girl likes her space!!

Also it has been decided and approved with the bosses at work that I will be able to return to work after maternity leave as a part time employee!! The coolest part is that I get to keep my Admin portion of my job so I will no longer be customer service. I will of course still be in the customer service department, just more of an assistant to our boss and be somewhat of a lead still. Its a little scary to think of that I will not be working full time, but I have confidence that the Lord will provide for our needs as He sees fit. I am sooo happy to be able to spend more time serving my family by coming home part time. I will likely be working 3 days a week with a set schedule. That rocks!!

OK I think I am caught up for this month!! ha ha I'll try to get a little better! Maybe soon I will post about the ladies retreat last weekend!

No comments: