OK, so I don't know if anyone even really reads this or not but I really am not very good at keeping up with this whole blog thing. What has happened in the last 2 months?!
Well lets look back shall we? The month of July was busy as ever.
First off I should mention the bad news... momma and the chicky are no longer with us. I had noticed that momma wasn't around for a day or so so I went looking around and found a sad pile of feathers in the yard and the lone baby chick had found its way into the pen with the other chickens. I thought that was great, until the next day I came home to see him cowered in the corner because the other chickens were picking on him. His poor hind end was all pecked so I took him inside, cleaned him up and tried to nurse him back to health. I will spare all the gorey details and just say my efforts were fruitless and he did not survive. Sooo sad, rest in peace little chickens.
HOWEVER,
We had the Fathoms of fun parade... It was such a blast! Hannah and I showed up early and had sandwiches for most... I say most because I found out all the Trigloffs are allergic to ham... next year I'll try to remember that! Got some great pictures from before the parade started and as we started moving. Hannah did sooo good, once we got to the bottom of the hill she decided she didnt want to be in her stroller anymore and so we walked hand in hand. She ended up walking the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE PARADE handing out tracts and coins to people!! SOOO CUTE! She was such a trooper! Here are some pics of the day.




By the end of the month we got to take a peek at our little baby in my belly!!! That is the most awesome thing ever...well besides the whole getting to meet the baby of course. Jeremy and I were in deep deliberations on whether we were going to find out the gender of this baby. You see, we had a deal when I got pregnant with Hannah. The deal was that we would find out the gender with the first baby and then not the second. Well things didn't go as planned when we had our ultrasound with Hannah. She was a modest little girl who had her legs closed up tight so we couldnt take a peek, so we didn't find out until she was born.
So my rational thought was that since we didnt find out with the first, we would with the second... we didn't include a modest baby clause with the first baby so a slight ammendment to the agreement wasn't a bad idea right?? Well Jer wanted to stick to the original agreement, but in the end I said "Well if this one is as stubborn as Banana was, then you get your way and if we have a cooperative little baby I get my way." And that's how we ended the conversation when we got to the doctors office.

Here we have a tiny little hand waving hello!!!
And here we have our little face! Ok I know its a little creepy/alien looking, I wish I could have gotten a profile shot that was not so zoomed in so you could actually see the little baby instead of an alien face. lol So the dark circle on the right side is the head/brain, then to the left is the eyes, the brighter color in the middle is nose and then the mouth, then the white smudge towards the bottom is a little fist...I think. =o) So the verdict is we have a healthy, strong baby...GIRL!!! I am thrilled!!
Well I hear Hannah waking up, gotta go! Maybe I'll post again sooner than next month!!


No comments:
Post a Comment