So after Hannah painted her pumpkin at Grandma Debbi's we brought it home and decided we wanted to eat it! Whats the best way to eat pumpkin? Pie of course!!
Here is Hannah with her art!
It was just acrylic paint, so we washed it off in the sink.
See! mostly gone! A little on the stem was ok since we were going to cut it off and I tidied it up a little more before we started chopping.
Split it open and started cleaning the "guts" out! Hannah thought that was fun stuff!
All clean! we saved the seeds for toasting later.
All cut up and ready for the pot.
While the pumpkin was steaming on the stove, we started on our crust.
WOW! Hannah sure did a great job didn't she!
Next we mashed up the pumpkin and added all the ingredients! I was suprised that there really isn't much to it. A little sugar, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon and condensed milk! That's it!
Next we poured it into our crust and popped it in the oven to bake. I did have a little extra pumpkin so Natalie enjoyed some. I missed out on pictures of that. =o(
50 minutes later!
YUM!!
I feel bad that I didn't get a picture of Hannah enjoying her 1st home made pumpkin pie, but by the time it had cooled enough to eat, she was in bed so I had to try the first piece to make sure that it was ok for the rest of the family to eat. ;o) It was SOOOO good, I may never buy canned pumpkin again!!














2 comments:
wow- I am impressed you made that look so easy maybe I could even do it... ahhh, maybe not. that was awesome Maranda! see you later, Katie
Oh Katie I bet you could totally do it! It was actually really really simple! Love ya!
Post a Comment