Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can you believe it?!

Can you believe that I am actually posting 2 days in a row?!  I know! Neither can I!  I'm pretty sure Katie is the only one who reads this and she probably won't even think to check it so soon! lol!!  Katie don't you love how you get  called out in blogs!? =o) 

Anyways, I don't have any pictures for this post so I guess that's why it will be so easy to post.  Pics are such a pain on this blog...or at least they are for me, if anyone knows any super secrets to make this easier and not so time consuming and I will gladly listen up.  Anyways....

So I just thought I would share a little about the last week and a half that Jeremy was gone!  He left for Mexico on Saturday the 7th and was gone for 10 days.  Man!  Was that a long 10 days or what?!  Thankfully it went by rather quickly and I didn't get too freaked out without him here at night like I have done in the past.   The evenings were pretty much business as usual in the Schooler house, with me and the girls.  Jeremy doesn't normally get home until pretty late in the evenings most nights so that really wasn't much of an adjustment. 

The mornings, however, were a different story.  On the days I had to work I had to get them up and ready and out the door by 6:15am!  I managed to get to work on time everyday except Tuesday when Jeremy's car broke down on me in the middle of shipyard morning rush hour!  Long story with that is that my boss totally rocks and helped me out immensely.  I got the car towed to the church office, PK looked at it and then I had a family friend diagnose and fix the problem before Jeremy got home yesterday.  I can just praise God for putting people in my life that are willing to help when needed.  There are times in my life where I feel like no one really cares, or is just too busy or I feel like I am an inconvenience to some, but I am truly grateful for these people in my life who help those in need....like me, stuck in the road. =o)  So after I got back to work, I left early, got a pedi and brow wax.  Bought a new shirt and slip for my cute skirt.(I had to get ready for a party on Thursday) and Wednesday had "interviewed" a new massage therapist for work by getting a massage in my living room.  I was feeling much better. 

Thursday was Jeremy's Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and they had a party at the PO Yacht Club.  It was good.  I didn't know many people except Jerm's immediate family so I took it upon myself to clean up the kitchen after dinner.  I grabbed an apron (so I wouldn't get my cuteness dirty) and cleaned up.  I know it was appreciated by Susan (Jerm's mom) so she actually got to enjoy some of the party instead of working.  I was also glad to keep busy since I didn't really know anyone. 

Friday was totally cool.  I went up to the Hawk's Nest aka Steve & Ladonna's to spend the afternoon and ate dinner with them and my girlies.  Hannah got to play in the pool and in the new big truck that they just got.  And I discovered Natalie's first TOOTH!!!  Oh my baby girl is growing so big!!  This week alone she has started crawling (army style) sitting up totally steady, getting her 1st tooth, and being able to sit up from laying down all by herself!! We BBQ'd and I had a great visit with them.  But it sure did make me miss Christy, Jeremy & the kids a whole bunch!!

Saturday I dropped the girls off at my moms for a few hours and did some garage saleing.  I was looking for a booster seat/high chair like what I have for Hannah but ended up finding one at Fred Meyer for $20.  Its not exactly the same or as cool as what I already had for Hannah, but it will get the job done. =o) After that I went back to my moms and she had some old friends over.  Once their party got started I headed out and went to Jeremy's parents house to hang out with them.  Susan still had family in town from the anniversary party so we BBQ'd there and then finally headed on home.

Sunday was business as usual, only we just headed home after church instead of going to my mom's house.  Lets just say she was feeling tired from the gathering at her house the day before. I'm sure they stayed up too late ;o)

Monday was a grumpy day for me.  Ask anyone I work with.  They will tell you!! =o)

Well I am SOOOO glad that Jeremy is home now and life is back to normal.  I so totally love my husband and can't imagine life without him...for more than 10 days at a time. =o) 

Well, g'night folks!!  Lots of love to ya!!

2 comments:

Katie Ashcraft said...

wow I am shocked... 2 days in a row! awesome! ya..I do like being called out in blogs! and I don't have any tips on getting those pictures into blogs any faster :o( just to write a blog once in awhile with out pics so it doesn't always feel like such a chore! like you did today, and it is interesting to read what everyone's doin' day to day... the struggles, the highs the lows... hearing that you got a pedi, brow wax AND A MASSAGE??? turkey! love ya, Katie

Laura said...

Maranda!

I read your blog, too! Love you!

Hugs-

Laura